Women may experience significant changes in their breasts after pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding. Over time, the breast’s shape and firmness will significantly decrease. Aside from pregnancy, weight fluctuations, heredity, and the aging process can also rob the breasts of their youthful appearance.
The skin naturally loses elasticity, which causes the breasts to droop, sometimes taking on a pendulous look. The diminishing volume will often pull the nipples to a lower position. Although large breasts may be increasingly prone to sagging, any woman can experience these problems. The changes are permanent, but a breast lift can dramatically restore a more youthful appearance to the chest.
- Breast Lift Expected Results
- Ideal Candidate for a Breast Lift
- 3D Imaging for Breast Surgery
- Breast Lift Surgical Technique
- Cost of a Breast Lift
- Preparation for Breast Lift
- Recovery after a Breast Lift
- Photo Gallery preview
- Risks, Safety and Potential Complications after a Breast Lift
- Breast Lift specialist Dr. Erica Anderson
- Schedule Your Breast Lift Consultation
- Breast Lift Questions to Ask
Breast Lift Expected Results
- Restore previously perky shape and full volume of the breasts
- Raise sagging and droopy appearance of breasts
- Eliminate excess breast skin and tissue
- Reposition downward facing nipples to a more upright and forward facing position
- Improve any positioning asymmetries between the breasts
|What is the pain level after the surgery?||Mild to Moderate|
|Anesthesia type (if applicable)||General anesthesia|
|Duration of Surgery||2-4 Hours|
|Where will scaring for this procedure be?||Lollipop incision: circling around the areola, running downward from the nipple|
|Timeframe to begin showing final results||2-3weeks|
|When is the patient able to return to regular activities?||1 week|
|When is the patient able to resume exercise?||4-6 weeks|
|Cost of surgeon’s fee||$6,000 – $9,000|
Ideal Candidate for a Breast Lift
Any woman who is unhappy with sagging breasts may make a good candidate for the breast lift procedure. On average, breast lift candidates are women whom have had one or more children, breast fed their children in the past and or have experienced dramatic weight changes. Many of these women are in their 30s, 40s or even 50s and desire to restore their breast shape to its more youthful appearance.
Good candidates for a breast lift should:
- Have enough breast volume that a breast lift alone will cause a significant improvement in the breast appearance
- Be comfortable with the option of breast implants in the case where the plastic surgeon feels that desired results can not be achieved with a breast lift alone
- Be of a stable weight and done with any future breast feeding
- Be in overall good health and hold realistic surgical expectations
3D Imaging for Breast Surgery
At the Naderi Center we do offer our patients 3D visual animation to help them better see their potential results. In cases where we feel that the imaging software will have an accurate reflection of breast surgery results we will offer this latest technology tool to our patients.
At The Naderi Center we offer our patients visual animation with the latest 3D imaging software to help patients better visualization their breast surgery results[/caption]
Breast Lift Surgical Technique
Your breast lift surgery will be performed as an outpatient procedure at a local, accredited surgical center or hospital. You will receive general anesthesia and the procedure typically takes 3 hours to perform. If the breast lift will be combined with additional plastic surgery procedures, the surgery may be longer.
STEPS TO PERFORMING A BREAST LIFT:
STEP 1: Creation of “Lolli-pop” incision or scar. An inverted T incision, circling around the areola, running downward from the nipple, and then horizontally across the breast crease will be made.
STEP 2: Removal of unwanted tissue. Any unwanted fatty tissue and loose skin will be removed.
STEP 3: Repositioning of Nipple. The nipple and areola will be placed into a position that is natural appearing and more upright and forward facing.
STEP 4: Closure of Incision. Once the desired corrections have been made the surgeon will close the incisions using a technique that will allow for minimal scarring.
Cost of a Breast Lift
There are a variety of factors that determine the overall cost of your Breast Lift.
- Surgeons fee: $6,000 – 9,000
- Anesthesia Fee – depends on length of procedure
- Hospital and Surgical Facility Fees: depends on length of procedure
- Post-Surgery Garments: included with surgeon’s fee at The Naderi Center
- Pre-surgical Medical Clearance and lab tests: usually covered by medical insurance
- Medication Costs: usually covered by medical insurance
- Follow-up Visits: Included with surgeon’s fee at The Naderi Center
***If your breast lift will be combined with a breast augmentation there is also the cost of the breast implants. At the Naderi Center we offer patients a variety of different breast implant options whose prices range from $600-$2400.
Preparation for Breast Lift
At The Naderi Center we believe the success of any cosmetic procedure can be improved with proper patient preparation. We go above and beyond to make sure that our patients are medically, emotionally and physically ready for surgery.
Recovery after a Breast Lift
Recovery from a breast lift procedure usually requires one to take off from work and or school for 7 – 10 days. Most patients can expect to return to work or school after a week. Strenuous activities, heavy lifting, and vigorous exercise should be avoided for six to eight weeks. Any activity which overly exerts the body can result in delayed healing and increased risk of complications.
Bruising and swelling will be seen after a breast lift, but these will resolve naturally over the following one to two weeks. While there may be mild to moderate discomfort, Dr. Anderson will provide the appropriate pain medications during the recovery period. Some women will note temporary numbness across the nipple and incision lines; this is normal and will most likely resolve over time. A surgical bra or support garment will need to be worn for several weeks following the breast lift procedure, to ensure the breasts heal appropriately. You will have a number of follow-up appointments where Dr. Anderson personally will see you and address the progress of your healing. At the follow-up appointments Dr. Anderson will discuss when certain activities can be resumed and when you can start to wear a normal bra.