Download and print pre-operative instructions for Revision Rhinoplasty.
Revision rhinoplasty, also referred to as secondary rhinoplasty, is a corrective aesthetic nasal surgery procedure which is performed after a previous rhinoplasty nose surgery by another surgeon. The procedure may improve both aesthetic and functional problems. Good candidates for revision rhinoplasty include healthy patients over the age of sixteen who have realistic goals for improvement.
Revision Rhinoplasty Procedure Snapshot
|What is the pain level after the surgery?||Mild to moderate|
|Anesthesia type (if applicable)||General Anesthesia|
|Duration of Surgery||About 3 hours or more|
|Where will scars for this procedure be?||Incisions inside and under the nose with possible tiny ones on side of bridge|
|Timeframe to begin showing Final Results||3 to 5 years for final results but patients get to enjoy their new nose as one month after surgery|
|When is the patient able to return to regular activities?||Most regular work activities resume after 1-2 weeks|
|When is the patient able to resume exercise?||No exercise for at least 1 month|
|Cost of surgeon’s fee||$45,000 – $50,000|
Revision Rhinoplasty with Dr. Shervin Naderi
Dr. Shervin Naderi is a rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty specialist. These two surgeries make up over 100% of his surgical practice.
About 30% of revision rhinoplasty cases are endonasal or closed, meaning incisions are confined to the inside of the nose. The other 70% are external or open, which involves incisions made on the inside of the nose as well as a small incision made on the skin between the nostrils. Once the incisions are made, the desired shape may be achieved by repositioning cartilage or replacing missing structures. The incisions are then closed and a splint is applied to the nose.
After Revision Rhinoplasty Surgery
Bruising and swelling tend to be more extensive after this procedure than after primary or original procedures. Patients generally experience very little pain. Most of the bruising fades within ten days while the swelling may take several months to dissipate. External stitches are removed in three to four days. Most patients can return to work within a week, though more strenuous activities will need to be postponed for two to three weeks.
Why Choose Dr. Naderi?
Patients who choose Dr. Naderi as their rhinoplasty specialist surgeon do so based on the carefully calculated decision and wise desire to trust a “specialist” with their face. Dr. Naderi is a facial plastic surgeon (exclusively performs plastic surgery solely on the face), but above and beyond this, his busy surgical practice is focused completely on the nose (rhinoplasty). Dr. Naderi takes excellent, skillful, artistic, and compassionate care of his patients and their noses. While no one can guarantee a “perfect” nose, his multitude of happy and grateful patients from all over the world are testimony to his skill. Do not choose Dr. Naderi if you are seeking a bargain. Choose Dr. Naderi if you want a surgeon who has the specialized skill and high ethics to take excellent care of you or your loved one.
Cost of Revision Rhinoplasty Surgery
For revision rhinoplasty, Dr. Naderi’s surgeon’s prices ranges from around $45,000 to $50,000.
Before & After Photos
- What Are “Realistic Expectations” With Rhinoplasty?
- Understanding Revision Rhinoplasty
- Unsatisfied With Your Nose Surgery Results?
- About Cosmetic Surgeon Shervin Naderi, MD
- Use Rhinoplasty to Repair Your Boxer’s Nose
Revision Rhinoplasty FAQs
Revision rhinoplasty, also known as secondary or tertiary rhinoplasty, is a corrective aesthetic nasal surgery procedure designed to correct aesthetic or functional problems resulting from a previous rhinoplasty performed by another surgeon.
If you are healthy and looking to improve the appearance or function of your nose after a previous rhinoplasty surgery, revision rhinoplasty may be right for you. Patients should be over the age of sixteen and have realistic goals for improvement.
Dr. Naderi will perform revision rhinoplasty on patients over the age of sixteen.
During a consultation, Dr. Naderi will examine the structure of your nose and face, take a thorough medical history, and discuss your goals. All aspects of the revision rhinoplasty procedure will be explained including the technique, the anesthesia, the facility, the recovery, the risks, the costs and so on. Digital imaging or photographic morphing is an integral part of the consultation.
If you live in the states of Virginia or Maryland, The Naderi Center for Plastic Surgery and Dermatology offers revision rhinoplasty among its services. For a full list of services, please visit our Locations page.
More Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Naderi refers his patients who seek concurrent body and breast cosmetic surgery to many of his experienced board certified plastic surgery colleagues.
"*" indicates required fields