Sculptra for Brazilian but lift, also known as BBL, is a new, noninvasive, and versatile procedure to add more shape and volume to the buttocks. A Sculptra Brazilian butt lift is a great way to enhance a patient’s natural curves using a dermal filler that stimulates collagen growth in the skin. Sculptra for Brazilian butt lift allows the patient to achieve a rounder, fuller look without surgery. Different from a regular Brazilian butt lift where fat is taken from the patient’s body and placed in the buttocks, Sculptra for BBL is a procedure that is minimally invasive, does not require anesthesia, and has a little to no downtime.
Sculptra provides immediate and long-lasting results for up to two to three years. Since Sculptra works to promote collagen production within the skin, the skin is able to thicken and improve volume over time. The results for a Sculptra Brazilian but lift will get better over the following weeks after the procedure as the body absorbs the filler and boosts collagen levels. While the best results will be seen after a few weeks, many patients return to get multiple Sculptra treatments to ensure the best outcome. The average patient receives about three treatment sessions over a few months to achieve the best results. The buttocks can maintain the pronounced and well-proportioned volumizing effects of Sculptra with re-application of injections. This treatment prevents scarring and does not require a long recovery period serving as a fantastic alternative to surgical intervention. Once you achieve your final results, they can be long-lasting.
- Rounded and more curvy buttocks
- Increased buttock volume
- Results lasting 2-3 years
Ideal Candidates for Sculptra BBL
Good candidates for a Sculptra Brazilian butt lift
- Someone who does not have enough fat deposits in a donor region of the body to undergo fat transfer as part of a regular Brazilian butt lift
- Patients desiring a non-surgical and less invasive means to augment their buttocks
- Is willing to commit to multiple treatment sessions as results are achieved in a gradual manner
Injection Technique with Sculptra for BBL
Sculptra is the only FDA approved poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA) filler that allows patients to build longer lasting volume gradually over time. Poly-L-Lactic Acid is an injectable, biocompatible formula made up of poly-L-lactic acid microparticles, a polymer of the alpha-hydroxy-acid family that is safely absorbed and eliminated by the body.
When Sculptra is injected into the buttocks, fullness is added, and the quality of skin improves through increased collagen production. Collagen is a natural substance made within the skin that helps to hold up and retain skin shape. As you age, your skin’s natural collagen levels diminish, leading to drooping and sagging of the skin. Sculptra helps to promote collagen production, which helps the skin appear healthier and function better. Sculptra is an injectable product that requires no heavy sedation, incisions, downtime, or scarring. A topical anesthetic will be used alongside treatment to ensure patient comfort.
In a standing position, the physician will assess and mark the treatment region. Lidocaine will be added to the Sculptra formula to provide anesthesia. After the Sculptra is injected, the area will be massaged for a few minutes to ensure proper product spread. Sculptra for Brazilian butt lift treatment can be accomplished in less than an hour with most patients needing about 2-3 treatment sessions to achieve desired results. It is recommended that each treatment be spaced out in 4-6-week intervals.
Sculptra BBL Pricing
The starting total cost of one Sculptra BBL session is $6500. Most patients will need about 2-3 treatment sessions to achieve desired results.
Preparation for Sculptra BBL
Proper procedural preparation is important when it comes to minimizing recovery and increasing safety of Sculptra injections. Prior to your appointment, it is important to be off of certain supplements and medications as well as to minimize consumption of certain foods that are high in Omega-3 and Omega-6. All of our patients are advised to view our list of “Things to Avoid” prior to injections or surgery.
2 Weeks Before Sculptra BBL Injections
Follow our dietary restrictions.
- For 2 weeks before your appointment avoid nuts, seeds, fish, fish oil, NSAIDs, supplements, and anything that prolongs bleeding. This will significantly help minimize bruising, bleeding, and swelling after your injections.
- You can start Arnica supplements a week prior to injections to help with post injection bruises. Arnica helps to speed up the fading away of bruises. Arnica supplements can be found in most health supplement isles at your local Whole Foods, GMC or CVS, as well as purchased from The Naderi Center.
Stopping Medications and Supplements
- Talk to your primary care doctor or physician specialist. If you are on blood thinners, you may need to stop these a few days to weeks prior to your injection treatment. Speak to your prescribing physician regarding if it is safe to stop these medications as well as to obtain instructions about when to stop and restart the medication. We do not recommend patients that are on life saving medications stop their medications in order to have any cosmetic procedures performed.
Day of Injection
Eat and drink before your treatment
- It is not uncommon for patients to “pass-out” or experience “vasovagal” during their injection. Most people are not fond of needles. Having good blood sugar levels and being hydrated will make it less likely that you will feel queasy during your treatment.
Minimize lotions and creams
- Please minimize lotions and creams, especially in and around areas where you would like to get injections performed.
Come in 30 minutes prior to appointment time for numbing
- We recommend numbing cream application prior to dermal injections. The numbing cream needs a good 20 – 30 minutes to exert its full effect.
Reserve your next appointment
- Sculptra injections are typically repeated in 4-6 weeks following the initial session. We love our loyal patients, and making sure that we can see you when you need your next injection is important to us. Most of our physicians book out 3 – 4 months in advance, and we prefer to never double book patients. We always recommend that you schedule your next appointment before leaving.
Click here for Pre and Post Care Instructions.
Recovery after Sculptra for BBL
There will be an initial volume increase that is caused by the sterile water used to suspend the Sculptra particles for injection. During the first day or two following the treatment, your body will naturally absorb this water. The treatment area should be lightly massaged by the patient for about 5 days after treatment to ensure the Sculptra particles are distributed evenly throughout the buttocks to help deliver the fullest appearance. Results will appear gradually, and the shape of the buttocks will continue to improve with follow-up treatments.
- Massage the treated area for five minutes five times a day for five days after treatment, as recommended by your physician.
Ice, Ice, Ice
- Use a small bag of frozen peas in a sandwich bag or crushed ice to gently ice the area. No heavy ice bags. Ice for 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off. Continue the icing for 24-48 hours if possible. NEVER apply ice directly to skin and avoid firm pressure.
Minimize Strenuous Exercise
- We recommend no strenuous exercise for 48 hours in order to reduce swelling and bruising. You may resume other daily activities/routines immediately after treatment.
Avoid Excess Sun and UV lamp tanning
- Excessive sunlight and UV lamp exposure should be avoided until any initial swelling and redness go away. Your doctor will provide guidelines on sunscreen protection and how to avoid excessive sunlight.
Eat pineapples and drink pineapple juice
- Pineapples have natural anti-inflammatory properties that help to minimize swelling after injections. You may apply or take Arnica tablets to help decrease the amount of bruising as well.
Take Tylenol for Pain
- It is normal to experience some pain and sensitivity in the area of the injection. Most patients find that Tylenol can help relieve this post-injection pain. Avoid NSAIDs such as Motrin and ibuprofen as these can make swelling and bruising worse.
Click here for Pre and Post Care Instructions.
Risks, Safety, and Potential Complications after Sculptra for BBL
Sculptra injections are considered safe and efficient when performed by an experienced medical provider. It is important that patients only trust their appearance to a reputable plastic surgeon or dermatologist.
Patients who suffer from lupus, Sjogren’s syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis, or who are pregnant/nursing should not use Sculptra.
Bruising after Sculptra for BBL
- May last 1-2 weeks but bad bruises can last up to 4 weeks. This is normal. Bruises can show up several days after the treatment.
Swelling after Sculptra for BBL
- May not always be even from side to side depending on pre-existing asymmetry and volume of injection and bleeding at each injection site.
- Initial swelling takes 2 weeks to settle. Swelling will be worse the first 24-48 hours.
- Avoid exercise first 48 hours or longer as swelling increases when working out.
Asymmetry after Sculptra for BBL
- Asymmetry is usually related to swelling and volume of Sculptra injected. Any asymmetries with collagen production will not be evident for 4–6 weeks.
Papules (lumps and bumps) after Sculptra for BBL
- The filling of tiny subcutaneous bumps that are usually not visible but can be felt when pressing on the skin are normal and will resolve with time.
- Visible nodules with redness or potential color changes to the skin should be reported to your physician
Initial Subtle Results after Sculptra for BBL
- Sculptra results will become evident at 4-6 weeks after injection treatment since they rely on the body’s own production of collagen. Any initial post-treatment volume games are most likely due to the Sculptra solution as well as swelling.
- Anywhere from 2- 3 treatment sessions may be recommended in order to achieve final results.
Possible complications after Sculptra injections
- Hypersensitivity or allergic reactions
- Green or yellow drainage at site of injection
- Cold sore or herpes simplex virus outbreak
- Injection site nodules requiring steroid treatment, or in rarer cases surgical removal
- Intravascular injection leading to skin necrosis or even stroke
Please notify our office immediately if you feel that you may be experiencing any of the above possible complications after your filler injections.
Why choose us
If you’re interested in the advantages of Sculptra for a Brazilian butt lift, the first step is to schedule a consultation appointment with our specialists. During the initial visit, our staff will talk with you about the benefits of Sculptra for a Brazilian butt lift and explain how the procedure works. Our plastic surgeons will show you before and after pictures of their recent butt lift patients and perform a physical exam to determine if Sculptra for a Brazilian butt lift can help you achieve the desired aesthetic goals. We will also discuss the recovery requirements and potential risks. If Sculptra for a Brazilian butt lift is the right approach for you, we will create a personalized treatment plan.
Schedule a Consultation for your Sculptra BBL
Contact us to schedule a consultation for Sculptra for Brazilian butt lift with one of our specialists at The Naderi Center. We are located in the greater Washington DC area with two locations, Chevy Chase, Maryland, 301-222-2020 or Reston, Virginia, 703-481-0002. For out of town patients, we offer virtual consultations prior to your visit which can be arranged by filling out our contact us form
Sculptra BBL FAQs
"*" indicates required fields