2 WEEKS BEFORE INJECTION
- To reduce and minimize bruising please follow our dietary restrictions. For 2 weeks before your appointment avoid nuts, seeds, fish, fish oil, NSAIDs, supplements, and anything that prolongs bleeding. See attached list**
DAY OF INJECTION
- Wear as little to no makeup as possible.
- Make sure you have eaten and your blood sugar is not low
- Make sure you have drank plenty of water and are not dehydrated
- Dress in cool comfortable clothes.
- Come in at least 30 minutes ahead of your appointment if you like numbing cream
- Make your appointment for the next time before leaving the office since our doctors’ schedules book out months in advance.
WHAT TO EXPECT IMMEDIATELY AFTER YOUR INJECTIONS
- Use a small bag of frozen pees in a sandwich bag or crushed ice to gently ice the area. No heavy ice bags. Ice for 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off. Continue the icing for 48 hours
- No gym or exercise for 48 hours after injection
- You can use water based makeup that day to cover any bruises. You can use heavier makeup the next day.
- Do not manipulate or massage or rub or poke the area.
- You can wash your face normally and gently.
- No facials for the first week.
- No glasses if they “dig into” the area.
- Taking Arnica (Arnika) tablets and eating pineapples can reduce bruising and swelling.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE DAYS FOLLOWING YOUR INJECTIONS
- Bruising and swelling is to be expected but following our dietary restrictions can help greatly
- Botox/Dysport take up to 2 weeks to fully work. You may start to notice effect as soon as 3 days but do not be surprised if you have to wait the full 2 weeks.
- Botox/Dysport wear off in 3-4 months on average and must be repeated 3-4 times a year
- You will have some generalized soreness and sore/swollen spots from the needle
- Avoid over analyzing results and avoid staring in the mirror or closeup zoomed selfies.
- No one is symmetric. Ever! You did not come in perfectly symmetric so please do not expect to leave perfectly symmetric.
- Filler results are immediate and change weekly just like a haircut. As the swelling goes down and as days and weeks pass you make feel that all the filler is gone but while fillers can last up to a year, the effect may need more frequent touch ups 2-3 times a year to “maintain results.”