BEFORE FILLERS AND BOTOX INJECTIONS
- To reduce and minimize bruising please follow our dietary restrictions. For 2 weeks before your appointment avoid nuts, seeds, fish, fish oil, NSAIDs, supplements, and anything that prolongs bleeding. This will significantly help minimize bruising, bleeding, and swelling after your injections. See attached list**
Arnica Montana supplements reduce bruising and swelling after injections
- You can start Arnica supplements a week prior to injection to help with post injection bruises. Arnica helps to speed up the fading away of bruises. Arnica supplements can be found in most health supplement isles at your Whole Foods, GMC or CVS, as well as purchased from The Naderi Center.
Stopping Medications and Supplements
- Talk to your primary care doctor or physician specialist. If you are on blood thinners you may need to stop these a few days to weeks prior to your injection treatment. Speak to your prescribing physician regarding if it is safe to stop these medications as well as to obtain instructions about when to stop and restart the medication. We do not recommend patients that are on life saving medications stop their medications in order to have any cosmetic procedures performed.
Prevention of Cold Sores
- Patients prone to cold sores will need to start a prophylaxis dose of an anti-viral medication prior to their injection treatment. Your physician provider will prescribe this medication prior to your treatment.
Familiarize Yourself with Risks and Benefits
- Read our filler consent prior to your visit to familiarize yourself with risks and benefits of filler injections.
DAY OF FILLERS AND BOTOX INJECTION
- Wear as little to no makeup & lotion as possible.
- Make sure you have eaten and your blood sugar is not low
- Make sure you have drank plenty of water and are not dehydrated
- Dress in cool comfortable clothes.
- Come in at least 30 minutes ahead of your appointment if you would like numbing cream
- Make your appointment for the next time before leaving the office since our doctors’ schedules book out months in advance.
WHAT TO EXPECT IMMEDIATELY AFTER YOUR FILLERS AND BOTOX INJECTIONS
- Use a small bag of frozen peas in a sandwich bag or crushed ice to gently ice the area. No heavy ice bags. Ice for 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off. Continue the icing for 48 hours
- No gym or exercise for 48 hours after injection
- You can use water based makeup that day to cover any bruises. You can use heavier makeup the next day.
- Do not manipulate or massage or rub or poke the area.
- You can wash your face normally and gently.
- No facials for the first week.
- No glasses if they “dig into” the area.
- Taking Arnica (Arnika) tablets and eating pineapples can reduce bruising and swelling.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE DAYS FOLLOWING YOUR FILLERS AND BOTOX INJECTIONS
- Bruising and swelling is to be expected but following our dietary restrictions can help greatly
- Botox/Dysport take up to 2 weeks to fully work. You may start to notice effect as soon as 3 days but do not be surprised if you have to wait the full 2 weeks.
- Botox/Dysport wear off in 3-4 months on average and must be repeated 3-4 times a year
- You will have some generalized soreness and sore/swollen spots from the needle
- Avoid over analyzing results and avoid staring in the mirror or closeup zoomed selfies.
- No one is symmetric. Ever! You did not come in perfectly symmetric so please do not expect to leave perfectly symmetric.
- Filler results are immediate and change weekly just like a haircut. As the swelling goes down and as days and weeks pass you make feel that all the filler is gone but while fillers can last up to a year, the effect may need more frequent touch ups 2-3 times a year to “maintain results.”