Pre-Operative Instructions for Breast Implant Removal
SHOPPING LIST BEFORE BREAST IMPLANT REMOVAL
- Tylenol (Acetaminophen)
Alternative to narcotic pain medication if pain is not severe. Do NOT take NSAIDS.
Pick up all prescription medications PRIOR to surgery date if any have been prescribed.
NIGHT BEFORE BEFORE BREAST IMPLANT REMOVAL
- IF RECEIVING ANESTHEIA DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING AFTER MIDNIGHT OR SURGERY WILL BE CANCELLED. If prescribed, take medications with a small sip of water.
- Set Up Home Recovery Area. This may include pillows, blankets, books, television, and anything else to assist with a comfortable recovery.
- Bathing. You can shower but do not apply lotion, perfume, hair product, etc.
DAY OF BEFORE BREAST IMPLANT REMOVAL
- Dress Comfortably: Dress in comfortable, clean, and loose-fitting clothes. Shirts that can be buttoned or zipped up are preferred.
- DO NOT wear any makeup, jewelry, cosmetic creams, hair products, deodorant, sunscreen, and remove all piercings.