Pre-Operative Instructions for Breast Implant Removal
- ☐ Tylenol (Acetaminophen)
Alternative to narcotic pain medication if pain is not severe. Do NOT take NSAIDS.
- ☐ Prescriptions
Pick up all prescription medications PRIOR to surgery date if any have been prescribed.
NIGHT BEFORE SURGERY
- IF RECEIVING ANESTHEIA DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING AFTER MIDNIGHT OR SURGERY WILL BE CANCELLED. If prescribed, take medications with a small sip of water.
- Set Up Home Recovery Area. This may include pillows, blankets, books, television, and anything else to assist with a comfortable recovery.
- Bathing. You can shower but do not apply lotion, perfume, hair product, etc.
DAY OF SURGERY
- Dress Comfortably: Dress in comfortable, clean, and loose-fitting clothes. Shirts that can be buttoned or zipped up are preferred.
- DO NOT wear any makeup, jewelry, cosmetic creams, hair products, deodorant, sunscreen, and remove all piercings.