What is the Mini Cheek Lift?
The Mini Cheek Lift, also known as the short scar facelift or also a mini facelift surgery, is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure that focuses on lifting the cheeks and tightening the excess skin around the mid-face area. This cosmetic surgery procedure is designed to give patients a more youthful appearance without the extensive incisions and scarring associated with traditional facelift surgery.
During the Mini Cheek Lift procedure, a shorter incision is made in the temporal hairline above the ear, and another small incision is made in the natural crease in front of the ear. The surgeon will then lift and reposition the underlying facial tissues and facial muscles in the mid-face area, creating a more defined cheekbone and jawline.
This facial rejuvenation procedure is ideal for patients who have mild to moderate signs of aging in the mid-face area, such as sagging facial skin and loss of facial volume. It is a less invasive alternative to a traditional facelift and is associated with less downtime and scarring. It can also be combined with additional procedures such as eyelid surgery and fat transfer (fat grafting) for more comprehensive facial rejuvenation.
What Is the Difference Between a Traditional Facelift and a Mini Cheek Lift?
The main difference between a traditional facelift and a Mini Cheek Lift is the extent of the incisions and the areas of the face that are targeted.
A traditional facelift typically involves a long incision that runs from the temples down to the lower hairline and around the back of the ears. This allows the facial plastic surgeon to lift and tighten the loose skin and underlying tissues of the entire face, including the neck and jowls.
In contrast, a Mini Cheek Lift involves smaller incisions that are limited to the temporal hairline and the front of the ear. The focus is on lifting and repositioning the mid-face area, including the cheeks and jowls, without addressing the neck or lower face.
Benefits of a Mini Cheek Lift
There are several benefits to choosing a Mini Cheek Lift over a traditional facelift, including:
- Minimally invasive: The Mini Cheek Lift is a less invasive procedure than a traditional facelift, resulting in less scarring, less downtime, and a quicker recovery.
- Natural-looking results: The Mini Cheek Lift is designed to produce subtle, natural-looking results that enhance the patient’s features and restore a youthful facial appearance.
- Customizable: The Mini Cheek Lift can be customized to meet the individual needs of each patient, allowing for a personalized treatment plan that addresses specific concerns.
- Long-lasting: While the Mini Cheek Lift is not permanent, the results can last for several years with proper maintenance and care.
Who are the ideal Candidates for a Short Scar Facelift?
The ideal candidates for a Mini Cheek Lift are men and women who have mild to moderate signs of aging in the mid-face area, such as:
- Sagging skin around the cheeks and jowls
- Loss of facial volume and definition
- Deepening of the nasolabial folds (smile lines)
- A tired or aged appearance in the mid-face area
Candidates should be in good overall health and have realistic expectations for the outcome of the surgical procedure.
The Consultation for a Short Scar Facelift
During the initial consultation for a mini cheek lift, Dr. Kulak will examine your face, take a thorough medical history, and discuss your goals. All aspects of the mini cheek lift procedure will be discussed including the facility, the anesthesia, the recovery, the costs the risks, and so on. You can expect Dr. Kulak to:
- Evaluate your medical history and current health status
- Examine your facial anatomy and skin quality
- Discuss your aesthetic goals and expectations for the procedure
- Explain the Mini Cheek Lift procedure and its potential risks and benefits
- Develop a personalized treatment plan
Short Scar Facelift Procedure
The Short Scar Facelift surgery typically takes about 1-2 hours and is performed under MAC (monitored anesthesia care) or local anesthesia. It involves small hidden incisions which are camouflaged within the hairline and inside of the ear for women or in front of the ear for men. To provide the most natural and long-lasting results without a “pulled-back” look, Dr. Kulak performs a modified composite lift with SMAS elevation and imbrication. Liposuction is occasionally used as well.
Once the desired lift has been achieved, the incisions will be closed with sutures or surgical glue. Patients can expect to experience some swelling and bruising after the procedure, but this will gradually improve over the next few days to weeks.
How is the Mini Cheek Lift Recovery?
The recovery time for a Mini Cheek Lift is typically shorter than that of a traditional facelift. Patients can expect to return to work and other normal activities within a week, although strenuous activity and other physical activities should be avoided for at least two weeks.
During the recovery period, patients should avoid exposing the incision sites to direct sunlight and should wear sunscreen and a hat when outside. They should also avoid smoking and alcohol consumption, as these can impair the body’s healing process.
Mini Cheek Lift FAQs
View more mini-cheeklift FAQs
"*" indicates required fields