WATCH PRE-OP AND POST OP RECOVERY VIDEOS
Pre-Operative Instructions for Breast Reconstruction
- ☐ Prescriptions
Submitted to your pharmacy. Your pharmacy should contact you when ready to pick up.
- ☐ Stool Softener (preferably MiraLAX)
Helps with constipation associated with narcotic pain relievers.
- ☐ Tylenol (Acetaminophen)
Alternative to narcotic pain medication if pain is not severe. Do NOT take NSAIDS.
NIGHT BEFORE SURGERY
- DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING AFTER MIDNIGHT OR SURGERY WILL BE CANCELLED. If prescribed, take medications with a small sip of water.
- Set Up Home Recovery Area. This may include pillows, blankets, books, television, and anything else to assist with a comfortable recovery.
DAY OF SURGERY
- Dress Comfortably: Dress in comfortable, clean, and loose-fitting clothes. Shirts that can be buttoned or zipped up are preferred.
- DO NOT wear any makeup, jewelry, cosmetic creams, hair products, deodorant, sunscreen, and remove all piercings.