TWO WEEKS BEFORE INJECTIONS
- Foods and Medications to Avoid. Two weeks before your appointment try to avoid nuts, seeds, fish, fish oil, NSAIDs, supplements, and anything that prolongs bleeding. This will significantly helps minimize bruising, bleeding, and swelling.
- Arnica Supplements. You can start Arnica supplements a week prior to the injection to help with post injection bruises. Arnica helps to speed up the fading away of bruises.
- Medications and Supplements. Talk to your primary care doctor or physician specialist. If you are on blood thinners, you may need to stop these a few days to weeks prior to your treatment. Speak to your prescribing physician regarding safety of stopping and restarting these medications. We do not recommend patients that are on life saving medications stop their medications in order to have any cosmetic procedures performed.
DAY OF INJECTIONS
- Eat and drink before your treatment. It is not uncommon for patients to “pass-out” or get lightheaded during their injection. Having a good blood sugar and being hydrated will make it less likely that you will feel queasy during your treatment.
- 20 – 30 minutes of topical numbing recommended. We recommend numbing cream application prior to dermal injections. The numbing cream needs 20 – 30 minutes to exert its full effect, hence we ask all our filler injection patients to come a little earlier to allow for the numbing time.