hi. i had filler put in under my eyes on nov. 17th, 2009. it was juviderm. my eyes swelled so badly and still today my left eye is swollen. she put injections of what you would use to treat a pimple to take down the swelling and also used a lazer. i am so unhappy with the way i look and she does’t feel there is anything else to do except more lazer. i want to know if i should ask for my money back, to go and have a second opion and have someone fix it. help
The swelling could be from any of these:
1) too much filler (Juvederm)
2) Filler that is placed in the wrong location (too superficial)
3) Traumatic bruising and swelling
4) Hematoma or fluid collection
5) Edema due to the hydrophilic nature of juvederm. Juvederm attracts up to 20 times its own weight in water so it can create swelling.
The proper treatment depends on what the cause is.
Lasers have absolutely no role at all in your situation and you should avoid more needless laser treatments.
You need to see a good doctor to get properly evaluated. It sounds like you may need Hyaluronidase enzyme treatments that actually dissolve and melt the Juvederm away.