2 WEEKS BEFORE INJECTIONS
- Foods and Medications to Avoid. Two weeks before your appointment try to avoid nuts, seeds, fish, fish oil, NSAIDs, supplements, and anything that prolongs bleeding. This will significantly help minimize bruising, bleeding and swelling.
- Arnica Supplements. You can start Arnica supplements a week prior to injection to help with post injection bruises. Arnica helps to speed up the fading away of bruises.
- Medications and Supplements. Talk to your primary care doctor or physician specialist. If you are on blood thinners you may need to stop these a few days to weeks prior to your treatment. Speak to your prescribing physician regarding safety of stopping and restarting these medications. We do not recommend patients that are on life saving medications stop their medications in order to have any cosmetic procedures performed.
DAY OF INJECTIONS
- Eat and drink before your treatment. It is not uncommon for patients to “pass-out” or get lightheaded during their injection. Having a good blood sugar and being hydrated will make it less likely that you will feel queasy during your treatment.
- Men with beards should shave area under the chin. Men who have a beard should shave the part of their beard under their chin. A beard will interfere with the doctor’s ability to make markings on the skin for the injection sites, potentially displace the trajectory of the injection needle and distort the true appearance of the jaw line.
- Minimize make up and lotions. Minimize make-up, in and around areas where you would like to get injections performed. Our medical assistants will remove your make-up prior to treatment. You can bring make-up with you to apply immediately after your treatment.
- 20 – 30 minutes of topical numbing recommended. We recommend numbing cream application prior to dermal injections. The numbing cream needs 20 – 30 minutes to exert its full effect, hence we ask all our filler injection patients to come a little earlier to allow for the numbing time.
- Reserve your next appointment. Kybella® injections are typically repeated in 4-6 weeks following the initial session. Most of our physician’s book out months ahead and we prefer to never double book patients. We always recommend that you schedule your next appointment before leaving.